Woodford Green

Ashton Playing Fields Track

Ashton Playing Fields
598 Chigwell Road
WOODFORD GREEN
IG8 8AA

Telephone: 020 8559 0486
Fax: 020 8559 0486

Email:
Website:

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 6 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority: Redbridge
Ceremonial County: Greater London

NUTS Name: Woodford

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TQ 420918
National Grid Reference: 542000, 191800

Paper Maps:
AA Street by Street London 73 G2
A-Z Essex 3L 109
A-Z London Master 23Nc 46 (NE)
A-Z London Atlas/DeLuxe 6J 31
A-Z London 6H 21
Collins London Comprehensive 102 EL51
Collins London 35 B6
OS Explorer Map: 174

Train: Woodford LU

Opening Times: Mon-Thu 0700-2200, Fri 0700-2130, Sat 0900-1900, Sun 0900-1800
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Adult 2.00, Junior 1.00 (1999 prices)

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full - 1 HJ, 2 PV (1L-DE), 2 LJ/TJ (2L-ALT), 1 SP, 3 DT, 3 HT (DT: 2 1C-INT, 1 1C-EXT no cage, HT: 1C-INT, 1C-EXT, 1C-EXT no cage), 1 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height & length adjustable

Changing: Full in pavilion at track
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: None

Track Certification: Restricted - valid until 30th Apr 2002 (training only)

Clubs: Woodford Green AC with Essex Ladies

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:
The track was built in 1973 and was the first synthetic one in Essex. It originally had a Rubkor surface and was reported to be very hard but has since been resurfaced. It replaced a cinder track which was to the side of the current one and had to be demolished in 1973 due to the building of the M11. One of the straights of the cinder track is still part visible although the other one was lost due to the building of the M11. The current track surface is a solid system one. The old pavilion at the track was opened on 14th October 1937 at the same time as the playing fields although it is not known whether there was a track here from the start. The grounds were named after Mr. H.S. Ashton of Ingatestone who put up most of the money.

Last update: 27/10/2001

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003