Wormwood Scrubs

Linford Christie Stadium

Du Cane Road
LONDON
W12 0DF

Telephone: 020 8749 6758, 020 8743 3401 (enquiries, not at track)
Fax: 020 8749 6758, 020 8749 9008 (not at track)

Email:
Website:

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 8 lanes, 12 lane straight

Authority: Hammersmith & Fulham
Ceremonial County: Greater London

NUTS Name: London (WL)

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TQ 225815
National Grid Reference: 522500, 181500

Paper Maps:
AA Street by Street London 123 G4
A-Z London Master 43Xa 80 (C)
A-Z London Atlas/DeLuxe 8F 56
A-Z London 5D 58
A-Z London Mini 4D 33
Collins London Comprehensive 139 CV71
Collins London 56 H5
Collins London Mini 15 D4
OS Explorer Map: 173
OS Pathfinder Map: 1159

Train: East Acton LU, Willesden Junction LU/NR

Opening Times: Track closed until 4th Sept 2005 (normally Apr-Sep: Tue & Thu 1400-2100, Wed 1400-1700, Fri 1200-1800, Sun 1000-1600, Oct-Mar: Tue & Thu 1400-2100, Sun 1000-1400)
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Adult 3.00, Junior 1.50

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height fixed

Changing: Full in building at track
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: 200 (approx) covered

Track Certification: As of July 2005 the new track has not been certified

Clubs: Thames Valley Harriers

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:
The track was originally cinder and called West London Stadium and opened in 1967. It was upgraded to synthetic in 1973. It was renamed in 1993 after the host club's most famous member in recognition of his World Championship and Olympic 100m victories. There is also a covered straight next to the track. 60 square metres of the track were resurfaced with Spurtan BS in April 1998. The track closed on 30th May 2004 for a major revamp and the official reopening will be on 4th Sep 2005. The surrounds of the track have also received a major boost with a 600K investment by Barclays and the Football Foundation to upgrade the old redgra area outside the top bend into 5 a side pitches.

Last update: 28/07/2005

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003