Hampstead

Parliament Hill Fields Athletics Track

Parliament Hill Fields
Highgate Road
LONDON
NW5 1QR

Telephone: 020 7435 8998
Fax: 020 8348 1677 (not at track)

Email:
Website:

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 8 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority: Camden
Ceremonial County: Greater London

NUTS Name: London (PH)

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TQ 280859
National Grid Reference: 528000, 185900

Paper Maps:
AA Street by Street London 106 B2
A-Z London Master 35Hb 61 (C)
A-Z London Atlas/DeLuxe 9D 42
A-Z London 4D 44
A-Z London Mini 1B 22
Collins London Comprehensive 120 DF63
Collins London 48 J4
Collins London Mini 9 G1
OS Explorer Map: 173
OS Pathfinder Map: 1159

Train: Gospel Oak NR, Belsize Park LU, Tufnell Park LU, Kentish Town LU/NR

Opening Times: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat 0730-Dusk/2100, Tue & Thu 0730-2100, Sun 0730-1600
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: No
Charges: Adult 2.20, Junior 1.10

Track Diagram: Not available
Field Event Facilities: Full - 1 HJ, 1 PV (1L-SE), 1 LJ/TJ (1L-SE), 1 SP, 1 DT/HT (2C-INT), 1 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height fixed

Changing: Full in pavilion at track
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: None

Track Certification: Full - valid until 31st May 2006

Clubs: Highgate Harriers, London Heathside Runners AC, Serpentine RC, UCL Athletics & Cross Country Club

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.




Other Info:
The track was original a 6 lane 440y cinder one and opened in 1939. It was the headquarters of Shaftesbury Harriers who held 13 meetings there in 1939. It was upgraded to synthetic in the late 1970s or early 1980s and was resurfaced in 1987. In the spring of 2001, mainly in order for the track to gain a full certification, a new DT/HT cage was built near the 1500m start in place of the one by the 200m start which was removed, the LJ/TJ runway inside the back straight was removed and grassed over, the LJ/TJ pit inside the top bend was moved back slightly to be over the old DT/HT circles and this runway and the adjacent PV one were resurfaced. The track diagram prior to the works is here. The track closed from late June 2004 for resurfacing and reopened at the start of Dec 2004. However work on the field area (jumps & throws) has not finished and will not be available until 2005.

Last update: 02/12/2004

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003