Hornchurch

Hornchurch Stadium

Bridge Avenue
UPMINSTER
RM14 2LX

Telephone: 01708 451419 (not at track)
Fax:

Email:
Website:

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 6 lanes, 6 lane straight

Authority: Havering
Ceremonial County: Greater London

NUTS Name: Hornchurch

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TQ 553866
National Grid Reference: 555300, 186600

Paper Maps:
A-Z Essex 4L 129
A-Z London Master 33Qd 69 (NE)
A-Z London Atlas/DeLuxe 7L 51
Collins London Comprehensive 128 FN61
OS Explorer Map: 175
OS Pathfinder Map: 1160

Train: Upminster Bridge LU, Upminster LU/NR

Opening Times: Club times (exclusive) Mon & Wed 1900-2100, Sun (but not every week in winter) 1000-1300. No public times although available for hire.
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Havering Mayesbrook club sessions: Adult 1.50, Junior 0.80

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full (exact configurations TBC) - 1 HJ, 1 PV, 2 LJ, 2 TJ, 1 SP, 1 DT/HT (2C-INT), 1 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height adjustable

Changing: Full
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: 300 covered. There is also a covered stand with standing room only on the back straight.

Track Certification: None

Clubs: Havering AC

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:
The track was originally a 440y cinder one and the opening meeting was on 17th May 1956 although the stadium and football pitch which is used by Hornchurch FC were built in 1952. The 3M 'Tartan' synthetic track was opened on 16 Nov 1977 and survived until Monday 7th June 2004 when work began on track resurfacing. The track reopened for training on 27th September 2004. The London Marathon Trust awarded the host club 75K towards the project. Cleanaway (Havering) Riverside and the NHS Trust both contributed 150K. A new fitness room opened at the stadium in 2002.

Last update: 01/10/2004

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003