Cambridge

Cambridge University Track

Wilberforce Road Sports Ground
Wilberforce Road
CAMBRIDGE
CB3 0EQ

Telephone: 01223 335996, 01223 336596 (enquiries, not at track)
Fax: 01223 331126 (not at track)

Email:
Website: http://www.sport.cam.ac.uk/wilberforce/

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 8 lanes, 10 lane straight

Authority: Cambridgeshire
Ceremonial County: Cambridgeshire

NUTS Name: Cambridge

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TL 433586
National Grid Reference: 543300, 258600

Paper Maps:
A-Z Cambridge 2F 19
Collins Cambridge Streetfinder Atlas 15 B4
OS Explorer Map: 209

Train: Cambridge (2M)

Opening Times: Not open to the public except user-card holders who can use at non club times. Club times (exclusive, winter) (CUAC) Tue-Sat 1400-1700, Sun 1030-1400, (C&C AC) Sat 1000-1400, (summer) TBA
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: No
Charges: No daily charges. Monthly, half-yearly and yearly user cards available - ring for further details.

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full - 1 HJ, 3 PV (1L-DE, 1L-SE - no rails), 4 LJ, 2 TJ (LJ/TJ 2L-ALT, LJ only 2L-SE but no boards), 1 SP, 3 DT, 2 HT (DT/HT 1C-INT, DT only 1C-INT, DT/HT EXT), 2 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height fixed

Changing: Full in pavilion at track
Floodlights: None
Seating: None

Track Certification: Restricted - valid until 31st Oct 2007 (no DT at 200m whilst PV being used)

Clubs: Cambridge & Coleridge AC, Cambridge Triathlon Club, Cambridge University AC, Cambridge University Hare & Hounds

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:

fiogf49gjkf0d
The track and pavilion were opened in 1994 with first match being held in October 1994. The original track surface was Spurtan V. The track was resurfaced with Spiketop SW in summer 2002 apart from the Ds which were patched and cleaned. The pavilion balcony (first floor level) is the only viewing area. All throws can be carried inside the track arena as the infield is not used for anything, but there is also a practice throwing cage outside the track. The surrounds are landscaped and there is a 1 km jogging track around the whole area.

Last update: 21/02/2005

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003