Belfast City Council Mary Peters Track

Athletics House
Old Coach Road

Telephone: 028 9060 2707
Fax: 028 9030 9939


Type: Synthetic, 400m, 6 lanes, 6 lane straight

Authority: Belfast City
Ceremonial County: Belfast City

NUTS Name: Belfast

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference:
National Grid Reference: Unknown, Unknown

Paper Maps:
Collins Belfast Streetfinder Map E15
OS of NI Discovery 15
OS of NI Greater Belfast (1994 edition) E2

Train: Finaghy (1.5M), Balmoral (1.5M)

Opening Times: Mon-Thu 0930-2100, Fri 0930-1700, Sat-Sun 1000-1700
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Adult 2.00, Junior 1.50

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full - 1 HJ, 3 LJ, 3 TJ (2L-ALT, 1L-ALT shared with PV but no sand pit at either end), 1 SP, 2 DT, 1 HT (DT/HT 2C-INT, DT only (INT, no cage)), 2 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height fixed

Changing: Full including disabled toilet & shower in pavilion at track
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: None but there are five rows of grass terracing on the home straight

Track Certification: None

Clubs: Abbey AC, Annadale Striders, Ballymena & Antrim AC, City of Lisburn AC, Lagan Valley AC, Newcastle & District AC, North Belfast Harriers, Queens Harriers & AC, St. Annes AC

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose

Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.

Click the diagram for a larger view

Other Info:
The track was originally cinder and referred to as the Malone track. It is believed that synthetic En-Tout-Cas runways were installed here in about 1966 and was the first track in the UK to use such a surface. It is set in very pleasant rural surroundings. The track itself was upgraded to synthetic in the 1970s and named after the 1972 Olympic Pentathlon champion. A new pavilion was built in 1996 and this also houses the offices of the Northern Ireland Athletics Federation. The track was resurfaced in 2002 by Club Track and reopened in Nov 2002 but it will not be remarked until spring 2003.

Last update: 04/11/2002

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003